Annual Midwest Epistemology Workshop
The Midwest Epistemology Workshop (MEW) aims to advance interest in epistemology by organizing an annual workshop for the presentation and discussion of current work in the field. MEW also aims to establish a sense of community among epistemologists in the region that stimulates new research, improves its quality, and facilitates its dissemination. To this end, the workshop will be organized to encourage as much discussion and interaction as possible among the participants. Although workshops will typically be hosted by a college or university in the Midwest, all philosophers with an interest in epistemology are invited and encouraged to attend.
The University of Notre Dame will be hosting the 7th annual meeting of the Midwest Epistemology Workshop. The meeting will take place November 7th-9th, 2013. Our keynote speaker this year will be Alvin Goldman (Rutgers University). Additionally, this event is being generously supported by Notre Dame's Institute for Scholarship in the Liberal Arts, College of Arts and Letters, Henkels Lecture Series.
The Midwest Epistemology Workshop is now on Facebook!
- We are pleased to announce that we are currently accepting applications for a one-year post-doctoral fellow in Social Epistemology, supported by the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation, in conjunction with a Sawyer Seminar we will be hosting over the course of the 2014-15 academic year. Learn more here.
- The deadline for submission to the 4th Annual Northwestern/Notre Dame Epistemology Graduate Conference is January 15th, 2014. Details regarding the conference and submissions can be found here.
- The M&E Reading Group will continue reading Timothy Williamson's Knowledge and its Limits throughout the Winter quarter
- We welcome the following visiting professors: Professor Jurgis Skilters (University of Latvia), whose research is on spatial cognition and formal semantics, and Professor Thomas Grundmann (University of Cologne), whose research is in the area of epistemology
- We are pleased to announce that the 7th annual Midwest Epistemology Workshop will be held November 7th-9th, 2013 at the University of Notre Dame. Details here.
- The M&E Reading Group has chosen to read Timothy Williamson's Knowledge and its Limits for the Fall quarter
- We have posted the Call For Papers for the 4th annual Northwestern/Notre Dame Graduate Student Epistemology Conference here.
- Congratulations Ryan Doran on the successful defense of his dissertation, Explaining the Multiple Uses of Demonstrative Expressions
- Congratulations to Jennifer Lackey on her appointment to Full Professor