1st Annual Midwest Epistemology Workshop
Friday, Nov. 30th—Saturday, Dec. 1st
Keynote Speaker: Ernest Sosa, Rutgers University
Northwestern University hosted the first annual Midwest Epistemology Workshop. The workshop is an annual event where epistemologists present and discuss recently completed work or work in progress that is close to completion.
The first workshop consisted of nine nonconcurrent sessions, each involving a presentation of approximately 40 minutes followed by 40 minutes of discussion. Workshop papers were made available to participants in advance of the workshop. This year's presenters included Robert Audi (Notre Dame), Al Casullo (Nebraska), Richard Fumerton (Iowa), Sandy Goldberg (Northwestern), John Greco (Saint Louis University), David Henderson (Nebraska), Jennifer Lackey (Northwestern), Matt McGrath (Missouri), and Baron Reed (Northwestern).
- We are pleased to announce that we are currently accepting applications for a one-year post-doctoral fellow in Social Epistemology, supported by the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation, in conjunction with a Sawyer Seminar we will be hosting over the course of the 2014-15 academic year. Learn more here.
- The deadline for submission to the 4th Annual Northwestern/Notre Dame Epistemology Graduate Conference is January 15th, 2014. Details regarding the conference and submissions can be found here.
- The M&E Reading Group will continue reading Timothy Williamson's Knowledge and its Limits throughout the Winter quarter
- We welcome the following visiting professors: Professor Jurgis Skilters (University of Latvia), whose research is on spatial cognition and formal semantics, and Professor Thomas Grundmann (University of Cologne), whose research is in the area of epistemology
- We are pleased to announce that the 7th annual Midwest Epistemology Workshop will be held November 7th-9th, 2013 at the University of Notre Dame. Details here.
- The M&E Reading Group has chosen to read Timothy Williamson's Knowledge and its Limits for the Fall quarter
- We have posted the Call For Papers for the 4th annual Northwestern/Notre Dame Graduate Student Epistemology Conference here.
- Congratulations Ryan Doran on the successful defense of his dissertation, Explaining the Multiple Uses of Demonstrative Expressions
- Congratulations to Jennifer Lackey on her appointment to Full Professor